Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pepsi's Brand Personality

Think back a while and you'll probably remember that Pepsi underwent sort of a brand personality overhaul. They created a new logo (one that smiles at you) and launched their groundbreaking Joy It Forward campaign. Pepsi had always portrayed themselves as hip and youthful but the brand wasn't really involved in things that were hip and youthful, until the Joy campaign. They aligned themselves with social and environmental programs and recently they have launched the Pepsi Refresh project giving away over 1 million dollars in grants to fund great ideas that will move the world forward.

So.....................

What do you think of when you think about Pepsi's brand personality?
I think male, 16-45, young in attitude/hip, cheerful, forward looking (socially and environmentally conscious), active and middle class.

Would I be friends with Pepsi?
For sure I think I would. Maybe I would even date him.

What's interesting about my perception of Pepsi is that I am not even a user of the product. I feel like I therefore see Pepsi pretty much as it is portrayed in ads and with sponsorships and events. I don't enjoy pop and I never drink it, yet I find my personality similar to that of Pepsi and therefore I feel like I can relate to the brand.


1 comment:

  1. If you're trying to lose fat then you absolutely need to jump on this brand new custom keto plan.

    To design this keto diet, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and professional chefs united to provide keto meal plans that are useful, decent, money-efficient, and satisfying.

    Since their first launch in January 2019, 100's of individuals have already remodeled their body and well-being with the benefits a certified keto plan can provide.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-certified ones provided by the keto plan.

    ReplyDelete