Thursday, October 21, 2010

Best and Worst Brand Extensions


The other day I was thinking about brand extensions and decided to go on the net to see if there were any "top" lists of brand extensions.

And I found one! Well sort of. It's TippingSprung's second annual brand extension survey.


So what did they find the best extensions to be??
Over-all
Best: Iams Pet insurance
Runner up: Febreze Scentstories



Why do I figure they worked? Because they are extensions that the existing target audience for the brand wants and finds useful. A lot of target market research will have been done before these extensions were created.

Most Over-due
Tide to go pen!!
I agree. When the tide to go pen came out I was overjoyed! You mean if I am out or meeting someone important and I spill ketchup on my shirt I can get it out right away??

And for mothers - genius!! Professionals I think would also love this product. You can't always go home to change in the middle of a work day.

I think this is probably the best extension I have ever heard of. Fits perfectly with their established target audience!!!

Let's movie on to worst brand extensions..............drum roll...............
and the winner is: Harley Davidson for their cake decorating kits!

WOW

That is probably the worst fit in the world! Hmm the typical Harley rider decorating cakes in his spare time? NOT.

Runner up for worst brand extension? Evian with their water filled bra. Yes, that's another Evian brand extension that I would never use.


No comments:

Post a Comment